The ISO 14001 Standard is also known as the environmental management system standard. If it is necessary to define the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, it is the systematic approach of the production carried out by taking into account environmental effects the first stage of the product to the consumer. It is seen as an international standard that defines the process of controlling and improving the environmental performance of a standard institution or organization.
What is ISO 14001 standard?
ISO 14000 series, an Environmental Management Standard developed by the ISO Standard Development Committee, includes different standards. This series has been arranged to cover all environmental issues related to organizations. The ISO 14001 environmental management system is a management model that aims to reduce the use of resources and minimize the damage to soil, water and air, it is also based on risk analysis. ISO 4001 certification is divided into different sections within itself.
-Application and organizations
-Corrective and preventive actions
İn the form.
The ISO 14000 standard series includes many standards within itself. The most important and known ones among these standards.
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- ISO 14004 Environmental Management Systems
- ISO 14020 Environmental Ethics and Statements
- ISO 14031 Environmental Management
-ISO 1431 Environmental Management
-ISO 14040 Environmental Management
What are the Benefits of ISO 14001 Certification Environmental Management System?
this standard, known as ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, is a globally recognized and internationally recognized, also is a applied standard after the ISO 9001 quality management system standard. İf we list the benefits of it;
-With ISO 14001 certification, full compliance with national and international legal regulations is ensured.
- It facilitates obtaining permits and authorization documents.
- Business reputation increases nationally and internationally.
- Costs caused by environmental effects are reduced.
- Increasing the use of natural resources and their efficient use reduces costs and increases productivity.
- Customer confidence increases with the environmental management obligations taken.
- Pollution caused by company activities are reduced.
- Worker morale increases and loyalty increases in direct proportion to the workplace quality.
- Environmental awareness is increased with personnel training.
Who Can Get ISO 14001 Certification?
The ISO 14001 Standard is truly an indispensable requirement for institutions and organizations that want to gain prestige and prestige in the national or international market. ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Standard is accepted by all organizations, manufacturers, especially industrial organizations and public institutions, in the product and service sector.
ISO 14001 Certification Principles
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Standard principles are divided into five separate items. These are;
- Undertaking of Obligation and Policy is the determination of the environmental policy of the organization and commitment to the environmental management system.
- Planning is the determination of the environmental dimensions of the activities, products and services of the organization or enterprise and choosing the important ones.
- Application and Operation is the development of a support mechanism in the realization of environmental policy and achievement of goals and objectives.
- Control and Corrective Action, environmental action and the degree of success in this event, monitoring and evaluation.
- Review and Development, review and continuous improvement of the environmental management system.
In a world where environmental awareness is increasing day by day, it is very important for companies to be aware of their environmental obligations. Standards are the most effective methods in demonstrating and applying environmental responsibilities. After the above information about ISO 14001 certification, if we look at it in terms of items;
- ISO 14001 is a standard that aims to minimize the damage to the environment.
- ISO 14001 practices are largely in line with regulatory obligations.
- ISO 14001 applications, show largely parallelism with legislative obligations
- ISO 14001 is not a product standard, it is a standard that controls how the product is produced.